The indicator lamp shows camera status as follows:
- Glows green
- Focus locked.
- Blinks green
- Blur, focus, or exposure warning. Picture can be taken.
- Blinks green and orange
- Recording pictures. Additional pictures can be taken.
- Glows orange
- Recording pictures. No additional pictures can be taken at this time.
- Blinks orange (Fast)
- Flash charging; flash will not fire when picture is taken.
- Blinks orange (Slow)
- The zoom ring is positioned between ON and OFF. Pictures cannot be taken.
- Blinks red
- Lens or memory error.
Warnings may also appear in the display.