Follow an on-screen guide to create a panorama.
Press the [DRIVE/DELETE] button and select [Adv]. > [PANORAMA] in the drive-mode menu.
To select the size of the angle through which you will pan the camera while shooting, press the focus stick (focus lever) left. Highlight a size and press [MENU/OK].
Press the focus stick right to view a choice of pan directions. Highlight a pan direction and press [MENU/OK].
Press the shutter button all the way down to start recording. There is no need to keep the shutter button pressed during recording.
Pan the camera in the direction shown by the arrow. Shooting ends automatically when the camera is panned to the end of the guides and the panorama is complete.
For Best Results
- Move the camera slowly in a small circle at a steady speed
- Keep the camera parallel or at right angles to the horizon and be sure to pan only in the direction shown by the guides
- Try panning at a different speed if the desired results are not achieved
- Prop your elbows against your sides
- Use a tripod
If the shutter button is pressed all the way down before the panorama is complete, shooting will end and no panorama may be recorded.
The last part of the panorama may not be recorded if shooting ends before the panorama is complete.
Panoramas are created from multiple frames, and the camera may in some cases be unable to stitch the frames together perfectly.
Panoramas may be blurred if the subject is poorly lit.
Shooting may be interrupted if the camera is panned too quickly or too slowly. Panning the camera in a direction other than that shown cancels shooting.
The camera may in some cases record a greater or lesser angle than selected.
The desired results may not be achieved with:
- Moving subjects
- Subjects close to the camera
- Unvarying subjects such as the sky or a field of grass
- Subjects that are in constant motion, such as waves and waterfalls
- Subjects that undergo marked changes in brightness
If [ON] is selected for D[BUTTON/DIAL SETTING] > [SHUTTER AE], exposure for the entire panorama is determined by the first frame.
With the panorama displayed full frame, press the focus stick (focus lever) down to start panorama playback. Vertical panoramas will scroll vertically, horizontal panoramas horizontally.
- In full-frame playback, you can use the rear command dial to zoom panoramas in or out.
- Panorama playback is controlled using the focus stick.
|－||Start playback||View other pictures|
|End playback||Pause playback||Choose pan direction|
Panorama playback paused
|End playback||Resume playback||Scroll panorama manually|