The camera takes a series of 20 shots, using in-body image stabilization to move the image sensor by half a pixel with each shot and recording each frame in RAW format. Using specialized computer software, the frames can then be combined to create a high-resolution RAW picture.
Press the [DRIVE] button to display the drive mode options and select [PIXEL SHIFT MULTI SHOT].
Choose a value for [INTERVAL].
- We recommend setting [INTERVAL] to [SHORTEST].
- If you intend to use the flash with every shot, choose a value for [INTERVAL] long enough to allow the flash to charge between shots.
Press the shutter button to start shooting.
- The shots are recorded to the memory card in RAW format.
- To minimize vibration, use the self-timer or a remote release.
Combine the shots on a computer.
- The shots can be combined using FUJIFILM Pixel Shift Combiner.
- To save high-resolution RAW pictures in other formats, use Capture One Express for Fujifilm, Capture One for Fujifilm, or Capture One Pro, available from Capture One A/S. FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO and RAW FILE CONVERTER EX powered by SILKYPIX cannot be used for this purpose.
Visit the websites below to learn more about or download the following computer software:
Pixel-shift multi-shot photography can be performed via tethered shooting. For this purpose, use FUJIFILM Pixel Shift Combiner.
The flash will synchronize with the shutter at shutter speeds of 1/25 s or slower.
The following limitations apply to the use of the pixel-shift multi-shot option:
- Pixel-shift multi-shot photography can only be performed using the electronic shutter.
- Sensitivity is restricted to a maximum of ISO 1600. Choosing higher values or a setting of [AUTO] results in a sensitivity of ISO 1600, while lower values remain unchanged.
- The only option available for [RAW RECORDING] is [LOSSLESS COMPRESSED].
- Pictures taken with [CONTINUOUS AF] selected for focus mode will be shot using [SINGLE AF]. Pictures taken with [SINGLE AF] or [MANUAL FOCUS] selected are shot in the chosen focus mode.
- If the subject or camera moves during shooting, the desired results may not be achieved when the shots are combined.
- A[SHOOTING SETTING] > [FLICKER REDUCTION] is automatically set to [OFF].
- The value selected for exposure compensation applies to all 20 shots.
Pictures taken using the pixel-shift multi-shot option are indicated by a pixel-shift multi-shot icon in full-frame playback (aThe Playback Display).