Choose the roles played by camera controls.
[FOCUS LEVER SETTING]
Choose the functions performed by the focus stick (focus lever).
- [LOCK (OFF)]
- The focus stick can not be used during shooting.
- [PUSH TO UNLOCK]
- Press the stick to view the focus-point display and tilt the stick to select a focus point.
- Tilt the stick to view the focus-point display and select a focus point.
Choose the options displayed in the quick menu.
[FUNCTION (Fn) SETTING]
Choose the roles played by the function buttons.
[COMMAND DIAL SETTING]
Choose the roles played by the command dials.
[ S.S OPERATION]
Select [OFF] to disable shutter-speed fine-tuning using the command dials.
[ISO DIAL SETTING (H)]
Choose the ISO sensitivity assigned to the [H] position on the ISO dial.
[ISO DIAL SETTING (L)]
Choose the ISO sensitivity assigned to the [L] position on the ISO dial.
[SHOOT WITHOUT LENS]
Choose whether shutter release is enabled when no lens is attached.
[SHOOT WITHOUT CARD]
Choose whether the shutter can be released without a memory card inserted in the camera.
- When no memory card is inserted, the shutter can be released to test camera function and the shooting and setup menus can be displayed.
- The shutter is disabled if no memory card is inserted, preventing accidental loss of pictures taken without a memory card.
Choose the direction in which the focus ring is rotated to increase the focus distance.
[AE-L/AF-L BUTTON SETTING]
Switch the roles of the [AF-L] and [AE-L] buttons.
If [AE & AF ON WHEN PRESSING] is selected, exposure and/or focus will lock while the [AE-L] or [AF-L] button is pressed. If [AE & AF ON/OFF SWITCH] is selected, exposure and/or focus will lock when the [AE-L] or [AF-L] button is pressed and remain locked until the button is pressed again.
Choose the role played by the [AF-L] button.
- [AF LOCK ONLY]
- The [AF-L] button locks focus only.
- [AE/AF LOCK]
- The [AF-L] button locks both exposure and focus.
Choose the method used to adjust aperture when using lenses with no aperture rings.
- [AUTO + MANUAL]
- Rotate the rear command dial to choose the aperture. Rotate past minimum aperture to choose [A] (auto).
- Aperture is selected automatically; camera functions in exposure mode [P] (program AE) or [S] (shutter-priority AE).
- Rotate the rear command dial to choose the aperture; camera functions in exposure mode [A] (aperture-priority AE) or [M] (manual).